About Me

My photo
Miami, Florida, United States
Every time I eat whole fish I fear for days that I have swallowed a bone. Perhaps my abdomen is absolutely lousy with them, I would have no idea. Thanks for coming and remember to take off your shoes before coming into the living room, I'm quite fond of the carpet.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I really need a better hobby.

I included this along with a paper I wrote on the differences between Bedouin and Iranian veiling practices. I'm not sure why either. 

About the Typeface
"Trebuchet MS is a humanist sans-serif typeface designed by Vincent Connare for the Microsoft Corporation in 1996. It is named after the trebuchet, a medieval catapult. The name was inspired by a puzzle question that Connare heard at Microsoft headquarters: "Can you make a trebuchet that could launch a person from main campus to the new consumer campus about a mile away? Mathematically, is it possible and how?" Connare "thought that would be a great name for a font that launches words across the Internet"."[1] Trebuchet is known for being bold as well as elegant and for being as graceful as it is masculine. [2] It is widely believed that Vincent Connare created the font after being visited by angels in his sleep. [citation needed] Trebuchet is equally well-suited for both business and personal letters, e-mails or facsimiles. Many experts consider it their "go-to" font for seducing a rival's significant other. [3] The font is the official font of the State of Maine, Harvard University and the '96 Chicago Bulls. [source withheld] Trebuchet hopes you have a nice day. 

1. Vincent Connare (April 24, 1997). "Trebuchet Nation". Microsoft Corporation. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
2. Me. (October 25th, 2011). "About the Typeface". 
3. Seems made-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment