About Me

My photo
Miami, Florida, United States
Every time I eat whole fish I fear for days that I have swallowed a bone. Perhaps my abdomen is absolutely lousy with them, I would have no idea. Thanks for coming and remember to take off your shoes before coming into the living room, I'm quite fond of the carpet.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Greyhound Gabbledygook: Or, how I wind up making terrible mistakes.


Pick back corner. Bus nearly empty. Sleep: necessary. Leg room: likely. 
Hey, mind if I sit here?
Why of course not miss!
Thanks! Are you going to Miami?
"Born and raised!"
"Yeah, I've been traveling since Canada that's my last stop, but I don't know anyone."
"flirt flirt flirt"
"flirt flirt flirt"
"Hey, this might be weird, but maybe I can take you out one night, show you some cool spots?"
"No that's not weird at all! That sounds totally cool."
"That's why I'm so glad I left my kids with my parents for a few weeks and just took off."
"Oh.. cool."
"Yeah, their dad left, don't worry about anything like that."
"They're named Abraham and Paul, like you know, the apostles."
Looked at pictures of her kids and listened to her talk about how she was raising them to be spiritual for four and a half hours.
She gave me a kiss and the station and we exchanged numbers. I'm scared.

Bigger update to come later to make up for lost time. I've got too many thoughts and too few friends. I'd happily take the opposite problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment