About Me

My photo
Miami, Florida, United States
Every time I eat whole fish I fear for days that I have swallowed a bone. Perhaps my abdomen is absolutely lousy with them, I would have no idea. Thanks for coming and remember to take off your shoes before coming into the living room, I'm quite fond of the carpet.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Is it wrong to wish on space hardware?

Dear tiny Miami-based business owner,


I appreciate your hard work and applaud you on your success. However, you could make my life a whole lot easier if you just did me a couple teensy-weensy favors. So please, when doing business try practicing the following simple rules. You may save an office aide's life.


- Keep your invoice numbers under seven digits. I have to type those things, a lot. I know damn well you don't have fifteen billion clients and I doubt you're fooling any of the seven you do.


- Don't assume I only speak English. Seriously. I'm not starting the conversation with "Buenas tardes" to fuck with you, it's okay to respond in kind.


- The plural of attorney is "attorneys" and no, you can't sue me for being rude to you.


- No matter what I called your mother.


-No, she wasn't a saint.


-It's called the internet, I'll look it up you scabsucker.


-It's 2011, asshole.


- No, it's still not self-defense hitting me even if I called you a scabsucker.


- No, I can't spot you half your rent. Shame on you.


- No, I cannot cut you your check for $40,000. No, not even if it's late. No, seriously, if I could I would be in Costa Rica right now with a pair of Rottweilers, a swimming pool of single-malt and a highly-intelligent cow that would nurse and raise its children to be veal, and then remorselessly serve me them.


- Yes, I do accept tips. In any form. Though I do wonder why you had frozen venison in your satchel.


- I have no idea if they'll tow your Escalade for double-parking it in a handicapped zone, but God, I hope so.


- "Am I happy with my current homeowner's insurance?" is quite the loaded question.


- Tinfoil is not an appropriate substitute for an envelope. Besides, the aliens already know what's in there, they were watching you then too.


- This is not a karaoke bar. I don't care how good of a song was on the radio just now.


-Babelfish does not turn Spanish to English, it turns Spanish to a blend wordbortion.


-Seriously, it's 2011.


-I'm not tired, I'm not spaced out, I'm trying to burn a hole through you with my eyes.


-These stopped being rules a while ago.


- Remember the only thing I'm better at not doing than my job is giving a fuck. Make a note of it.


-Until next time, govern yourselves accordingly and please remit payment for invoice number 566699582-A by March 3rd 2007 or are attornies will be you will hear from.

No comments:

Post a Comment